Palm Tree Cake
Penis Cake Pan
8 or 9 inch Round Cake Pan
1 Tub of White frosting
Frosting dye (Green and brown)
Green sugar sprinkles
Chocolate and Toffee Sprinkles
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1) First things first, prepare your cake mix according to the directions. If you buy yours out of the box like I do, the directions will be on the back.. If you make yours from scratch, simply follow your recipe. I chose a confetti cake for this one, it seemed like a proper and festive choice for a palm tree cake.
2) Spray both your penis pan and the 8 or 9 inch round pan with your non-stick cooking spray. We use Wilton’s Bake Easy, NOTHING sticks with that stuff! Once your pans are sprayed divide the cake mix between the two pans. It will fill about ½ to 2/3 of each pan, which is perfect. Bake your cakes according to the package instructions.
3) Once your cakes are baked and cooled, remove the cakes from the pan by flipping the pan upside down onto the cake board you will be using to decorate. Many people choose to use wax paper.
4) Score the small round cake into 4 even sections by creating an X in it. Each section you can now carve into a leaf. Each leaf is easy to decorate. Once you’ve carved them and taken them out of the pan, place them above the ‘balls’ of the penis cake.
5) Next you can mix your colored frostings. Separate your tub of frosting into two different bowls. Mix one with green dye and the other with brown. We used Wilton’s frosting dyes, they seem to retain the best color. Frost all the leaves with the green frosting and the entire penis cake with the brown frosting.
6) Cover the coconut ‘balls’ with the chocolate and toffee sprinkles. We actually found some at the store called ‘Turtle Sprinkles’ which contained both Chocolate and toffee. Next use your black icing to make 3 black dots on each coconut. Lastly, add the green sugar sprinkles to your leaves.